Friday 2 November 2012

NaNoWriMo: Day 2

Hey, everybody! I'm doing NaNoWriMo YWP this year. 45000 words. Yes, you heard me. And, as if I didn't have enough to do, I've decided to let you creeps into my writing world once a week. I'm gonna post these little updates on my home page and also on their own little dedicated page. Just in case anybody was super-curious as to how I'm doing.
Okay, it's procratination. If procrastination was an Olympic sport, I wouldn't even have to practise. Though of course, procrastinating about procrastinating is impossible because then you're actually procrastinating, so actually nobody would be practising...
 Sorry. Back from my little brain-holiday.
 Yesterday, unfortunately, was a bad day for Day 1, since I couldn't actually read properly and had a headache (after-effects of a migraine I'm blaming on NaNo-stress). I only got 1,100 words done when I was hoping for 1,500 at least (to hit my target) or 2,000 at best (for back up for days when I struggle at hitting my target). Unfortunately, that's just the way the world rolls sometimes. However, it also means that I have to do my '2000 at best' just to catch back up today. As you can tell, the pressure is seriously ruining my creative juices at the moment, so I'm procrastinating instead. Hurrah!
 But story-wise, it's going brilliantissimo. I'm a bit annoyed that I am know writing from two different perspectives when my added one is a really difficult way to go (the guy's a saint, so I can't be mean or judgemental about anyone when he's narrating), and I'm kind of annoyed that what started off in my head has been blown to the four winds, but it's also interesting. I have a new, sneaky, vicious little character called Cathenna, and I don't have a clue what her motives are. I imagine they'll be exciting. My only problem, story-wise, is that I'm not as excited by Lantern (POV1)'s side of the story. It's a bit boring and like everything else I've been writing lately, when I really hoped it'd be a bit of a break with some nice sarcasm and just general attitude instead of lovey-dovey feelings stuff. Ugh.
 Anyway, I'll see how it goes. Don't forget to check in next Friday for a new update!

WriMo out!

No comments:

Post a Comment